30 October, 2009

Mr. Flanagan, if you really want people to learn from history then you should point to the similarities between Harper and Machiavelli.

Tom Flanagan, Ignatieff needs a history lesson, Oct. 30, 2009,
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/ignatieff-needs-a-history-lesson/article1344354/
Tab2

Tom,

I'm always quick to point out when you are wrong and so I feel compelled, albeit grudgingly, to say that you get high marks this time.

However, if you really want people to learn from history then you should, perhaps, point to the similarities in method between Harper and Machiavelli. You'd have gotten [sic] 'A+' for that.

"When I published Harper's Team , Mr. Harper was peeved I was putting out too much information". I always wondered about that. I guess I just assumed that it was some sinister plot to somehow ease the public to the right of the political spectrum and encourage Harper to cease his evil ways of grabbing and clutching onto power and Canada be Damned (another historical reference I feel is apropos) and return to his roots, which he has abandoned so freely.

Lloyd MacIlquham cicblog.com/comments.html